Awards & Honors
Dr. Lenke is world-renowned for the surgical treatment of pediatric and adult patients with various forms of spinal anomalies, with expertise in the most complex deformities. Thus, he is a leading authority on such spinal deformities as scoliosis, kyphosis, flatback syndrome, high-grade spondylolisthesis, and major coronal and sagittal malalignment.
Other recent accomplishments include:
- Added to 2016 New York Super Doctors listings
- In March, 2016, Dr. Lenke was honored by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons Joint Section Meeting as a Meritorious Award Winner for his contributions to Spinal Surgery
- In April, 2016, The Spine Hospital is honored at the New York-Presbyterian Annual Gala
- In April, 2016, Dr. Lenke Chaired a Meeting "Live Spine Surgery from New York" which consisted of Live Surgery Demonstrations, Lectures, Cadaver Training and Case Discussion sessions for nearly 100 surgeons from the US and around the world
- Dr. Lenke has been listed in America’s Top Doctors for the past 10 years
- He has also been listed in the Best Doctors in America the past 15 years
- Dr. Lenke was honored with the North American Spine Society’s 2013 Leon Wiltse Award for excellence in leadership and/or clinical research in spine care
- In 2013, Dr. Lenke was listed in Orthopedics This Week as one of “The Top 28 Spine Surgeons in North America”
- He served as president of the Scoliosis Research Society 2010-2011, the oldest and most prestigious spine society in the world whose single focus is the advancement of care in patients with spinal deformity.